Softube Console 1 Quick Review
I came across the Softube Console 1 through a Facebook advertisement on my news feed and of course, I had to look into it. What I liked about it from the jump is the hardware interface, I wish more companies would integrate at least one major hardware component for their main software applications like Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol and Maschine and Softube is another company making a clever move with this one.
WHY I WOULD BUY THE CONSOLE 1
- I’m the guy who cares about the mix! I’ve mixed with real knobs and faders and also the mouse on a computer. Nothing beats being able to physically tweak a mix as opposed to using a computer mouse.
- I have used Softube plugins before and they really do have a great software when it comes to compression, Eq, and dynamics.
- $499 really isn’t a bad price, especially when you can split it into four payments with no credit check through a company like zZounds.
- Compact and easy to fit into your studio rig.
EASY TO USE USER INTERFACE.
The interface is simple and intuitive. I’m a firm believer in simplicity when it comes to mixing and almost anything. You shouldn’t have to feel like you’re learning FM synthesis when you’re mixing. I don’t know about you but I want to jump into the mix and get right to work.
- Currently they have over 60 available Console 1 ready plug-ins from Softube and Universal Audio. Everything is pre-mapped and ready to go!
- Last but not least it works with all of the major DAWs. This is definitely a game changer if you want to step up your mixing setup.
If you’re into mixing and that sort of thing and have need for a hardware/software based mixing console that’s not going to take up your entire studio then the Console 1 is for you!